Sunday 20 October 2013

Blueberry Cheesecake (No-Bake)


It looks pretty amazing, huh? 

Jonathan decided to practice his (non-)baking skills and we (a.k.a. The Westgina House, yes I went there) were the lucky recipients! I snapped some shots, before we dug in, to immortalise the cake (hello, Andre Bazin) and practice some food photography/styling. 

I say styling, I mean how the hell am I gonna make this cake look as luscious in digital as it is in crumb? In this tiny kitchen with a large house blocking any natural light and actually pretty boring dishware? In the end, I think these couple of pics do it justice. And I learned something about light and glossy plates. 


J. used and slightly changed a lemon cheesecake recipe from Allrecipes.

ADJUSTMENTS
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 150g of blueberries
- 250g of melting chocolate

Add 3/4 of the blueberries as whole and squeeze 1/4 into the mix.
Melt 200g of chocolate into the mix, top with 50g into a swirly effect.


A tip well-known, but worthy of reiterating: Before you start slicing wash the knife with hot water. The cake will be less sticky and you'll get smooth cuts.

I wish I had a photography/styling mentor. So far it is hit and miss. I need to read up some literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment